Submitted by Hugo on Thu, 12/13/2012 - 16:39
Submitted by Hugo on Sun, 11/18/2012 - 19:09
High Adventure Expeditions like to run small group adventures and our new trip "Five Peaks" is no exception. With only a few months left before we head into the Himalayas we only have 2 spots left on this expedition. Contact us ASAP if you're interested.
Submitted by Hugo on Wed, 11/07/2012 - 18:37
Do you think I can make the hike to Everest Basecamp? I hear this question a lot from aspiring adventurers. Unfortunately it is rarely a yes or no answer; it is often complicated and individualized and I sometimes see the questioner's eyes glaze over before I'm done answering.
If you're thinking about making this amazing and adventurous trek it is obviously a question that you should ask and one that you should listen to the answer to. So perhaps I can turn it into a yes or no question after all...
Submitted by Hugo on Mon, 10/15/2012 - 21:37
After careful planning High Adventure Expeditions has put together one of the most amazing trekking/climbing itineraries ever. We were planning a new adventure called the Three Peaks Expedition, but we have changed it to the Five Peaks Expedition. Check it out. 4 weeks, 5 peaks, 2 passes and 1000 photos.
Submitted by Hugo on Tue, 09/11/2012 - 13:27
If you're thinking about heading to Nepal to do some trekking, or to climb one of the smaller mountains, stay tuned. High Adventure Expeditions is partnering again with Happy Feet Mountaineers to present a new trekking/climbing expedition. We will be leading a trek to Everest Basecamp, but along "the way" we will scale three peaks. Details are still being worked out and there will be a page on this website describing this adventure very soon - check back!
Submitted by Hugo on Sat, 05/19/2012 - 01:59
The Sherpa team that was fixing the ropes finished their job yesterday and the team summited. Now the rest of the climbers from the many expeditions still on the mountain will begin their summit attempts.
News is leaking out that several teams are summiting as I write this. We have no news on Pasang and her attempt and as soon as we here something, we'll post it.
This is a very exciting time, but also a dangerous one, so fingers crossed for all the climbers.
Submitted by Hugo on Sat, 05/12/2012 - 08:49
Update from basecamp: There has been some bad weather at BC for the past week and high winds are forecast on the mountain for the next few days. The Sherpa team that is fixing the rope on the route has only reached the south col (C4). It is not expected that the route will be pushed to the summit for a few days. Almost all the teams in BC are waiting for this to happen so that they can plan their summit attempts, but with the monsoon approaching it looks likely that there will be a mad rush up the mountain sometime between May 18 and 24th. It is looking increasingly unlikely that every
Submitted by Hugo on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 07:27
Hugo is now in Kathmandu and this is his second installment on the huge avalanche that swept the Western Cwm in late April. This is the story of Nima's rescue.
Submitted by Hugo on Sun, 05/06/2012 - 07:57
This is Hugo's account of the avalanche that fell off the Nupste face on April 27th.
Submitted by Hugo on Sat, 05/05/2012 - 11:14
The 2012 High Adventures Expedition has decided to split in half. Hugo, Dendi, Tendi, and Karna have descended from Everest basecamp. They are currently in Tengbouche en route to Kathmandu. That leaves Karma and Pasang in basecamp where they are gearing up for a climb up the South Col. High Adventures Expeditions basecamp will remain operational to support their ascent while the rest of the team makes their way down to Lukla and then back to Kathmandu. Keep tuned to the blog for a full and detailed account of the avalanche that struck the team on April 27th.